Yesterday we were filming some Fab Slabs promotional video and one of the questions that my videographer asked was what are the benefits of someone stocking your boards or becoming a distributor?
The answer about our cutting boards was quite simple
1. We have a proven great sales record throughout Australia and South Korea. Our business has grown quickly due the popularity and success of our products in those countries. In South Korea alone we have sold approximately 500 000 boards in the past 5 years.
2. Each one of our cutting boards and grazing platters are handmade to a high standard from one single solid slab of timber (no joins). We had fun doing a strength test on a large cutting board yesterday when we placed a large cutting board between two slabs of timber. There was nothing but air underneath the large board as we drove a 2.5 tonne forklift onto the large cutting board. It didn’t bend, break or crack. We left the forklift on top of the board for about a minute before driving off. It left a tyre mark but the cutting board was as good as new – don’t worry, you won’t find that board in a shop.
3. Customers are already finding us from all around the world and we are drop shipping from Australia. In the past week I have sent boards to customers in Hawaii, New York, New Zealand, the UK, Hong Kong, France, Italy and Vietnam. We don’t advertise our products in those countries but each one of those customers heard about our naturally antibacterial cutting boards through word of mouth, they found our website on the internet and contacted me.
Quality of our chopping boards
Of course I sent each one of these customers cutting boards with beautiful grain and character but ideally I’d like each customer to have a choice of boards. I’d also like to be able to provide our products at a cheaper price without the cost of shipping of one or two boards at a time from Australia.
This creates a great opportunity for a distributor or agent.
4. We have a range of products. For years we only sold small, medium and large cutting boards. Now we have a range of grazing platters, cross cut boards and well as the Matt Golinski range. Our boards can be branded with our world renowned brand or with any company logo. With so many options, you can please everyone.
5. Our boards tick all the right sales boxes
- They are naturally and permanently antibacterial
- They are environmentally friendly
- They are 100% Australian made to a high standard
- They are made from one single solid slab of timber
- Each one is unique in colour character and grain.
- You won’t find any two alike anywhere in the world.
Most products on the market today are flooded so it comes down to who is selling for the cheapest price. Fab Slabs camphor laurel cutting boards are a product that has been around for more than 15 years but sales have been concentrated to mainly South Korea and Australia. The word is now spreading worldwide and it will only be a matter of time before Fab Slabs cutting boards will be found in every country across the globe. Now is the time to act and make the most of this great opportunity.